Black Mold Remediation in Nashville, TN
Paul Davis technicians specialize in skillfully repairing water damage and searching for black mold growth. When water damage hits your property, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to hire another professional.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We answer instantly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the knowledge to carefully and proficiently take care of water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s comprehensive solution includes structural drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial procedures.
- Specialized equipment and technology locates the source and quarantines the spot, stopping its spread.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold is the substance This type of mold is a toxin-producing fungus that sneaks in unseen, and then engrosses the area around it. Fungus is all around us – indoors and out – just waiting for the environment it needs to settle down and multiply. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indefinitely, until they encounter dark, dank areas to stay in. The toxins in black mold can be deadly to humans and animals. It belongs to a family of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up virtually overnight.
Once mold creates colonies in your living space, it quickly breeds and releases toxins that make life difficult for inhabitants:
- Mold emanates a pungent, mildewed scent that prevents rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological problems or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be subject to mold infestations even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion right away.
To get rid of mold, the setting where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can soak hidden portions of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep returning to these areas.
What We Do
- We inspect the area and evaluate observable and hidden damage instigated by water and mold, and what action should be taken to avert further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t disperse to larger areas.
- We use progressive air filtration techniques to eliminate spores from the air.
- We remove mold and any materials that have been infested with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial materials to kill what’s left.
- The Paul Davis team will clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes erasing that awful, musty odor.
- We return the area to its original state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
No removal procedure can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as inhospitable to mold as possible.
Call Paul Davis of Nashville right away. Whether it’s your living space or your business environment that has been compromised, our prompt, detailed, skillfully trained technicians will handle the consequences of your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to return things to their pre-damaged state.